"Specially-appointed Researcher of Chinese Academy of Sciences", Bureau of Personnel Chinese Academy of Sciences, 2017
Cheung Kong Youth Scholar Program, Ministry of Education of P.R.China, 2016
Outstanding Young Scientist Foundation, National Nature Science Foundation of China, 2014
Distinguished Youth of Dalian, 2014
The Six batch of outstanding experts of Dalian, 2013
The first Prize for the Natural Science Scholastic Attainment of Liaoning province, 2013
“The Technology Innovation Award”, DICP, 2012
“Lin Liwu excellent Youth Award”, 2012
“The Chinese catalytic Xinxiu Award”, Chinese chemistry society, 2012
“Young Scientist Award”, 15th International Congress on Catalysis, Munich, 2012
Hundred talents program member of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, 2009
2005 Ph.D., Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics, CAS
1999 B.S., Zhengzhou University
2014 - Present, vice Director, Division of Biomass Conversion & Bio-Energy, Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics, China
2011 - Present, Professor, Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics, China
Dec. 2009 - 2011, Associate professor, Team leader of Bioenergy Chemical Group, Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics, China
Sep. 2006 - Dec. 2009, Post-doc, Hokkaido University-Catalysis Research Center, Japan
Jul. 2005 - Sep. 2006, Post-doc, University of California-Berkeley, USA
Mar. 2005 - Jul. 2005, Assistant Professor, Organic Catalysis Group, Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics, China
- Synthesize nanometal and nanometal oxides with special size and morphology
- Establish systematic approaches to characterize the electronic state and the stability of the defects in metals and metal oxides
- Study the chemical nature of defects in metals and metal oxides
- Design new methods and processes for the conversion of biomass to value-added products
- Establish the relationship of structure-activity between surface defect of nanomaterials and C-H/C-O
More than 40 Journal Papers; more than 55 Patents.
- Yehong Wang, Jian Zhang, Haijun Chen, Zhixin Zhang, Chaofeng Zhang, Mingrun Li, Feng Wang*. Ru/ceria-catalyzed direct formylation of amines and CO to produce formamides. Green Chem., 2017,19, 88-92.
- Min Wang, Lihua Li, Jianmin Lu, Hongji Li, Xiaochen Zhang, Huifang Liu, Nengchao Luo, Feng Wang*. Acid promoted C–C bond oxidative cleavage of β-O-4 and β-1 lignin models to esters over a copper catalyst. Green Chem., 2017, 19(3), 702-706.
- Zhixin Zhang, Yehong Wang, Jianmin Lu, Chaofeng Zhang, Min Wang, Mingrun Li, Xuebin Liu, Feng Wang*. Conversion of isobutene and formaldehyde to diol using praseodymium-doped CeO2 catalyst. ACS Catal., 2016, 6, 8248–8254.
- Nengchao Luo, Min Wang, Hongji Li, Jian Zhang, Huifang Liu, Feng Wang*. Photocatalytic oxidation-hydrogenolysis of lignin β-O-4 models via dual light wavelength switching strategy. ACS Catal., 2016, 6(11), 7716–7721.
- Chaofeng Zhang, Jianmin Lu, Xiaochen Zhang, Katherine E MacArthur, Marc Heggen, Hongji Li, Feng Wang*. Cleavage of lignin β-O-4 ether bond via dehydroxylation-hydrogenation strategy over a NiMo sulfide catalyst. Green Chem., 2016,18, 6545-6555.
- Min Wang, Jianmin Lu, Xiaochen Zhang, Lihua Li, Hongji Li, Nengchao Luo, Feng Wang*. Two-step, catalytic C–C bond oxidative cleavage process converts lignin models and extracts to aromatic acids. ACS Catal., 2016, 6(9), 6086–6090.
- Jianmin Lu, Min Wang, Xiaochen Zhang, Andreas Heyden, Feng Wang*. β-O-4 bond cleavage mechanism for lignin model compounds over Pd catalysts identified by combination of first-principles calculations and experiments. ACS Catal., 2016, 6(8), 5589–5598.
- Chaofeng Zhang, Jianmin Lu, Mingrun Li, Yehong Wang, Zhe Zhang, Haijun Chen, Feng Wang*. Transfer hydrogenation of nitroarenes with hydrazine at near-room temperature catalysed by a MoO2 catalyst. Green Chem., 2016, 18(8), 2435-2442.
- Min Wang, Jianmin Lu, Jiping Ma, Zhe Zhang, Feng Wang*. Cuprous oxide catalyzed oxidative C-C bond cleavage for C-N bond formation: synthesis of cyclic imides from ketones and amines. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2015, 54(47), 14061-14065.
- Zhe Zhang, Min Wang, Chaofeng Zhang, Zhixin Zhang, Jianmin Lu, Feng Wang*. The cascade synthesis of quinazolinones and quinazolines using an α-MnO2 catalyst and tert-butyl hydroperoxide (TBHP) as an oxidant. Chem. Commun., 2015, 51, 9205-9207.
- Yehong Wang, Jian Zhang, Jing Liu, Chaofeng Zhang, Zhixin Zhang, Jie Xu*, Shutao Xu, Fangjun Wang, Feng Wang*. C-N and N-H Bond Metathesis Reactions Mediated by Carbon Dioxide. ChemSusChem., 2015, 8(12), 2066–2072.
- Min Wang, Feng Wang*, Jiping Ma, Mingrun Li, Zhe Zhang, Yehong Wang, Xiaochen Zhang, Jie Xu*. Investigations on the crystal plane effect of ceria on gold catalysis in the oxidative dehydrogenation of alcohols and amines in the liquid phase. Chem. Commun., 2014, 50, 292-294.
- Yehong Wang, Feng Wang*, Chaofeng Zhang, Jian Zhang, Mingrun Li, Jie Xu*. Transformylating Amine with DMF to Formamide over CeO2 Catalyst. Chem. Commun., 2014, 50, 2438-2441.
- Zhe Zhang, Feng Wang*, Min Wang, Shutao Xu, Haijun Chen, Chaofeng Zhang, Jie Xu*. tert-Butyl hydroperoxide(TBHP)-mediated oxidetive self-coupling of amines to imines over a α-MnO2 catalyst. Green Chem., 2014, 16(5), 2523-2527.
- Yehong Wang, Feng Wang*, Qi Song, Qin Xin, Shutao Xu, Jie Xu*. Heterogeneous Ceria Catalyst with Water-Tolerant Lewis Acidic Sites for One-Pot Synthesis of 1,3-Diols via Prins Condensation and Hydrolysis Reactions. J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2013, 135, 1506-1515.
- Qi Song, Feng Wang*, Jiaying Cai, Yehong Wang, Junjie Zhang, Weiqiang Yu, Jie Xu*. Lignin depolymerization (LDP) in alcohol over nickel-based catalysts via a fragmentation-hydrogenolysis process. Energy Environ. Sci., 2013, 6, 994-1007.
- Min Wang, Feng Wang*, Jiping Ma, Chen Chen, Song Shi, Jie Xu*. Insights into support wettability in tuning catalytic performance in the oxidation of aliphatic alcohols to acids. Chem. Commun., 2013, 49(59), 6623-6625.
- Feng Wang*, Wataru Ueda, Jie Xu*. Detection and measurement of surface electron transfer on reduced molybdenum oxides (MoOx) and catalytic activities of Au/MoOx. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2012, 51(16), 3883-3887.
- Qi Song, Feng Wang*, Jie Xu*. Hydrogenolysis of lignosulfonate into phenols over heterogeneous nickel catalysts. Chem. Commun., 2012, 48, 7019-7021.